Since I don’t live under a rock, I know Game of Thrones is a very popular book and TV series. Plenty of people are more connected to the characters than they are with their own relatives, even though they seem to operate at the same level of dysfunction. I have to admit that I am not the biggest fan of the fantasy genre, but I was willing to give it a go because George R.R. Martin put some interesting historical elements into the plot lines. Maybe, just maybe this could be the exception I was looking for.
So the Boffin and I borrowed the first season of Game of Thrones from the library. Ladies and gentlemen, we gave it our best shot…two episodes. The problem was it had so many historical elements that the anachronisms and references made everything too distracting. The Boffin and I couldn’t filter our brains and just get into what was happening. Even Lannister and Stark are too close to Lancaster and York.
But what is even more annoying was that the acting and characterizations were very good. So now I am left wondering what is going on with characters on a show that is unwatchable to me. Catch-22, here I am. Now, I need your help. Remember I only saw two episodes and am stuck in 2011, and I know there are so many more plot twists and characters that the writers added. You can probably make stuff up, and I will believe it. Help a gal out, please!
– Does Sean Bean (Eddard) die like he does in every other work he is in?
– Daenerys’s eggs are dragon’s eggs. Does she sit on them to hatch them?
– Does someone beat the crap out of Joffrey instead of just getting a slap from Tyrion? I hope Tyrion has another go. Throw Arya into it, and make it a Lucha Libre showstopper.
– I am going to guess that Bran has no memory of what Cersei and Jamie were doing and how he fell. Am I right? If so, holy convenient plot device, Batman!
– Does Catelyn ever grow up when it comes to Jon Snow? You don’t blame the love child because of what the husband did. Bitch. And screw Eddard for allowing this to go on. Dickweed.
– Does Sansa get a brain transplant and get over Joffrey? (You can tell how much I hate the inbred bastard.) Or does somebody push her out of a tower too?
– Does Tyrion find true love? I like him. I want him to be happy. I hope kicking the crap out of Joffrey is part of his wedding festivities.
If you can answer these, you would certainly put my mind at rest. Or you can just mess with my brain.